In this article, I will tell you about the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and best CySEC regulated forex brokers.
The Cyprus Securities and Exchanges Commission (CySEC) is the independent financial authority in the Republic of Cyprus.
CySEC is one of the most reputable financial conduct authorities around the world. Comparing to other conduct authorities, CySEC is more active in terms of inspecting Forex Brokers and informing investors for suspicious activities.
By Cyprus becoming a member of the EU in 2004, we must note that CySEC complies with all the rules set by MiFID (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive).
In addition, all the retail clients are covered by the Investor Compensation Fund up to €20,000 in the event that a CySEC regulated broker becomes insolvent.
In this article, you will find the best CySEC regulated Forex Brokers according to my research on brokers.
What does the CySEC Regulation offer investors?
CySEC imposes some strict requirements to regulated entities. These requirements ensure that CySEC regulated forex brokers provide their services in a transparent and fair manner.
If you are an investor trading with a forex broker regulated by CySEC, you will benefit from the following manner:
- All your funds are kept in a segregated account which the broker is not permitted to access. This ensures to prevent any abuse of your funds by the broker. Thus, the broker does not use your funds for its own operational needs.
- CySEC regulated brokers are required to maintain minimum net capital to meet the capital adequacy requirement. This ensures that the broker always has sufficient capital to fulfill its obligations arising from the transactions of its clients.
- CySEC regulated brokers are required to submit regular financial statements to CySEC. In this way, the broker cannot hide anything that concerns investors.
- Before any forex broker is licensed by CySEC, the broker must participate in the Investor Compensation Fund Scheme. This fund protects investor if the broker becomes bankrupt and unable to fulfill its contractual obligations. According to this compensation scheme, an investor is protected up to 20.000 euro.
- The brokers are obliged to obey all the rules they have committed in order not to lose their licenses.
Here are the best CySEC regulated brokers according to my reviews.